Do you have any old electronic items at home? If ‘yes’ then where do you generally dispose them? Recent studies have shown that around 2 million tons of electronic items like computers, television is disposed every year. If you have a habit of disposing electronic items in landfills then you should stop doing it immediately to save your environment from the toxic material. Some of the electronic item components like batteries, cathode ray tubes, circuit boards contain hazardous material like chromium, mercury and lead. Hence, if you dispose this e-waste in the landfills then the toxic material from them enters slowly into the water and ground and causes different problems in future.
What you should do your e-waste?
Recycling the e-waste is the best way to protect our environment from the dangerous material like lead and etc. There are a lot of non-profit and voluntary organizations which are available to help you with recycling option.
What are the benefits of recycling old computers?
- Saves our environment: The main benefit of recycling old electronic items is we can save our environment from the toxic materials like mercury, plastic and etc. Remember, it is extremely important to keep these old electronic items away from the landfills.
- Creates more job opportunities: In order to recycle the e-waste in your local e-waste recycling plants they definitely need some workforce. Hence, these recycling plants will hire employees for recycling the e-waste.
- Preserve natural resources: There are certain components in your old computers which can be used in making new products or computer components. For example, the glass and plastics can be recycled and used again. Hence, you will not have a requirement to produce new plastic and glass. The metals in the circuit boards can also be recycled and used to create new components.
- Earn Money: It is very easy to earn money with your old electronic items. There are a lot of sellers online who buy old computers, television, mobiles and sell them post refurbishing. It is better to sell your old computers etc., to such sellers and earn some money.
- Protects Health: When the toxic material from e-waste enters into the ground, water gets polluted due to which several health problems may arise among people. Hence, you should make sure that you don’t throw your e-waste in the landfills. Computer recycling is truly a great option to protect our health and our future generation’s health from the dangerous effects of toxic material.